- So apparently Carter is not ready to come back in this series after all. He just began skating, and is not close to game shape. Makes sense, the guy has missed a ton of time lately. When he returned for the last two regular season games and the first round he didn’t look like himself. Now that’s he’s missed even more time, it’s a good idea to not rush him back. Then again, if his endurance is up, the best move is to get him playing. I understand that people are worried about disrupting chemistry. I don’t think he messes anything up. He was there for the 5 game demolition of the Devils, and he’s an offensive threat whether at full strength or not. If he can play, I wouldn’t mind putting him on the wing, opposite Gagne, and taking feeds from Richards. Carcillo has been good, but he’s not a first line player. Drop him down, see how things work out.
- Laperierre, the toughest man in hockey, looks like he will be back in this series. He’s also a health and fitness risk, like Carter. As good as Richie was been playing, it would be nice for Lappy to get out there and handle some of the PK duties. The PK has generally been decent, so it’s all about giving guys some rest. Also, it never hurts to have another guy in the lineup that doesn’t mind driving the Habs through the boards.
- Does Modells know something that the rest of us don’t know? Flyers jersey’s are going for $150, except for Briere. They’re unloading his for $100. He’s got a long term deal, and if he keeps up his scoring pace, his jersey will sell. Why the discount? I don’t know.
- There is a post by Canadiens blogger Mike Boone from February that I heard mentioned on the radio yesterday and today. I found it, and you can check it out here. He likens his Flyers hate to seeing Hitler’s Germany march into the 1936 Olympics. Really, Mike? You’re seriously comparing your hate for Nazi’s to your hate for the Flyers. You sir, are a complete idiot.
- T-shirts or rally towels tonight? I’m hoping towels. They’re just a bit more fun.
- I’m pretty sure I’ll be in Section 209A, and will be rocking a black Richards jersey. If anyone goes to that section, and says something positive about Broad Street Buzz, you will receive a complementary high five.
Thanks for reading!
You can follow me on Twitter by visiting www.Twitter.com/BroadStreetBuzz