Things are still pretty quiet in Philadelphia. Not much to discuss, so I’ll touch on a few minor stories flaoting around
- Guerin invited to try out: Like Blair Betts last season, Bill Guerin has been given the opportunity to try out for the team. This should come as no surprise to anyone. Did you really buy that bullshit we were fed that he was only skating with the Flyers because he was in the area? I don’t want to get into it too much, because I already talked about it.
- Road uniforms to be unveiled: This happens on Friday, as training camp opens. Rumor has it that they will be similar to the white uni’s the team had at the winter classic. I didn’t really like the first edition of the Rbk EDGE jerseys; these new ones are a lot better. They look more like a traditional sweater from back in the day, and the lighter orange color is pretty nice. The only thing I wished we could go back to was home whites and road colors. Why the league ever reversed this is beyond me. Every night we have Orange vs White; can’t we get something a bit new to look at?
- Mike Testwuide video blog: Every day during rookie camp (this week), there is a short interview with this rookie hopeful posted on the Flyers website. Earlier in the summer, there was a feature story about him. Is there more to this than meets the eye? Is it possible that the real Flyers insiders know something that we don’t? Why is this guy, out of nowhere, getting all of this attention? Are we in for a surprise roster shake up that sees Testwuide in the lineup on opening day? Maybe I’m reading too much into it, but it is a bit shady.
- Mike Richards not in town yet. I’m not sure whether or not this is a big deal at this point. I know he spent most of his summer relaxing at his cottage in Canada. I understand that he needed a break after last season, and especially the playoffs. And I’m sure most guys are already in town, starting to prepare for camp. Still, him not being here isn’t that big a deal to me. Year after year, game after game, he shows up to play. If he’s taking the opening face off against Crosby on October 7, that’s all I care about.
- Young Stars Tournament: if you’re itching to watch some hockey already, click here. I also know that Flyers’ rookies will take on the Capitals’ rookies on Thursday, although I doubt it will be on TV.
Thanks for reading!
You can follow me on Twitter by visiting www.Twitter.com/BroadStreetBuzz
Check out our great NHL site, Too Many Men on the Site
Fansided is also on Facebook: Fansided Fan Page