Heading into this weekend, I expected 4 points. Cha-ching! The Flyers cashed in, taking care of business against weaker competition. On Saturday they beat the Devils 5-3, and followed up with a victory against the Islanders. Danny Briere knocked in the game winner in both games.
- Bad: The Devils scored first. Good: Flyers answered 17 seconds later, thanks to JVR.
- Bad: Devils took another lead. Good: Flyers scored the next 3.
- Bad: Devils cut the lead to one in the final minute. Good: It’s the Devils. Were we really scored that they’d tie it up that late?
- Good: We took an early lead against the Isles. Bad: We didn’t score again until the 3rd period.
- Bad: The Isles scored 2 goals, 36 seconds apart to take the lead. Good: The Flyers clapped back with a pair of their own, and that’s all they would need.
Bobrovsky continues to play sound in net. He’s barely giving up anything, let alone for a soft goal from time to time. It doesn’t really affect him much, thank god. He’s doesn’t get fazed by anything. That’s a good sign of maturity, and is something that many talented goalies suffer from. He’s just got that personality of a goalie that understands the gravity of every game, and every goal, and keeps himself mentally balanced.
Mike Richards continues to be the perfect captain for this team. He’s never been a flashy guy, most of the time, but he’s always been clutch. Even though these were two bad teams, we needed these wins. He quietly did all of his usual work, and took care of business. He contributed a goal and assist vs. New Jersey, and and assist against the Isles.
And so we’re tied again with Pittsburgh for the top spot in the division, and along with Washington for best in the League. Wednesday night, San Jose comes to town. That should be a good game.
Thanks for reading!
You can follow me on Twitter by visiting www.Twitter.com/BroadStreetBuzz
Fansided is also on Facebook: Fansided Fan Page