The Philadelphia Flyers are going for win #5 today against the last place New Jersey Devils. The Devils are on a two game win streak but remain in last place in the Eastern Conference. Odds are in our favor that the Flyers should pull this one out or its possible that we will take this team for granted and struggle for 60 minutes. Either way, they are not a threat to us in the standings and the Flyers are pulling away with the point lead. So, I’m not sure what’s going to happen today, these Devils games can be so unpredictable but here are a few things I know for sure:
- Scott Hartnell will fall for the 103rd time this season, (give or take a few falls). Thanks to @SethDH and @downgoesspezza for keeping us up to date!
- Chris Pronger will lay an elbow on someone in front of the net with a vengeance, (he needs to make up for the four weeks he’s missed).
- Jody Shelly will not score a goal and will not drop the gloves, (geez give this guy a break, his fists have got to be sore).
- Danny Briere will score again or at least notch a point because that’s just what he does. He may also smack someone from the bench just because that’s what he does.
- Mike Richards will steal the puck, (not pronger steal) and either pass to JVR or what the heck, he will just take it himself and score a beauty.
- Marty Broudeur will not get another shutout because our scoring power is just too good.
- Ilya Kovalchuck will botch a scoring chance and give the puck away to Claude Giroux and Giroux will dangle his way into the all-star game. Kovalchuck will also be on the ice for all Flyers goals. (-27 rating) yikes.
- Jeff Carter will shoot high and wide and won’t drop the gloves considering his last bout, yikes again.
- Nik Zherdev may or may not show up or he’s skated his way back into the press box, havn’t heard if he’s a healthy scratch yet.
- Peter Laviolette will call a time out when the Flyers decide to sit back and let the Devils back into the game.
- The Flyers will not claim Nabokov off waivers today, seriously people Bob is for real.
So again, hockey is unpredictable and nothing is written in stone but I can almost guarantee the above predictions will happen. Enjoy the game and GO FLYERS!
Quick Hello to a die hard Flyers Fan in Timmins, Ontario. This is our year!
Thanks for reading and enjoy the game!