I went to a funeral, missed the game, caught some highlights, and read some recaps.
- Down, 2-1, the Flyers scored 4 straight. Killer instinct!
- Ville Leino with a pair to put the game out of reach. Clutch!
- Scott Hartnell told a mama joke in English, French, and Swahili all at the same time, while he was running over MAF and putting the puck in the net. Raw power!
- Giroux starting the breakout and finishing with a nice shot past a defender and Fleury. Hustler!
- Fortunate bounces!
- Regulation win!
- 4 point lead for the division, 3 in the conference, and games in hand!
- All of this makes Pen’s bloggers sad. Laugh at them here and here.
By many accounts this was an intense game. The Flyers came to play, and they controlled the game. I could see it in a few replays, how they cycled, how they kept the pressure on, and how the created chances. The difference between the best team and the worst team, in terms of skill, isn’t really huge. It’s obviously even less of a difference between good teams. It comes down to precision, and sometimes just wanting it more. The Flyers simply wanted this game much, much more. That’s why they came back, that’s why they won, and that’s why I have complete faith restored in this team.
When it coems down to it, they’re still that damn good. Timonen will be back, probably tomorrow; Pronger should be back healthy around the start of the playoffs. Everyone is starting to pick their game up a bit. Not everyone will be hot at the same time, but if we’ve got multiple guys catching fire at different times, that’s fine with me. NHL: be afraid…we’re back.
Thanks for reading!
You can follow me on Twitter by visiting www.Twitter.com/BroadStreetBuzz
Check out our great NHL site, Too Many Men on the Site
Fansided is also on Facebook: Fansided Fan Page