If you’re really a hockey fan, you don’t just keep up with your team. You pay attention to the entire league and surf the net checking out other blogs. One of my favorites blogs is focused on the Montreal Canadiens. It doesn’t mean I like the team at all, not by a long shot. But it doesn’t mean I can’t follow a blog dedicated to them. And now I log on today to hear the disheartening news that they are bored and will be shutting down the site. So that got me thinking that a lot has happened since last season ended, and we have a lot of people/things to say goodbye to before tomorrow’s season opener.
- Goodbye to Four Habs Fans. You were hilarious, dirty, mostly NSFW, and most importantly honest. You were homers without being homers. I hope you change your minds.
- Goodbye to WYSP. You will always rock. Somewhere in outer space, some alien kid is picking up your airwaves and doing a wicked air guitar solo.
- Goodbye to Flyers Goal Scored By. You are not gone yet, but it is your last season. Go out with a bang.
- Goodbye to Derek Boogaard, Rick Rypien, and Wade Belak. Too young, too soon.
- Goodbye to the players of Lokomotiv Yaroslav and the the flight crew. Very tragic.
- Goodbye to Mike Richards. You were my favorite Flyer since Eric Lindros, and I still wish we hadn’t traded you. Enjoy LA.
- Goodbye to Jeff Carter. Good luck in Columbus. You were better here than people gave you credit for.
- Goodbye to Ville Leino. I understand why you had to move on. Thanks for playing such a huge role in the 2010 playoff run. But I’m going to have to hate you know that you’re in Buffalo.
- Goodbye to Nik Zherdev. The fans liked you more than the coach did.
- Goodbye to Brian Boucher. Carolina will love you. Maybe you’ll come back one more time. You’ve been a bigger part of this franchise than many people realize.
- Goodbye to Darrol Powe, Dan Carcillo, Sean O’Donnel, Kris Versteeg and Blair Betts. You all played some hard minutes and earned a lot of respect. Except Versteeg. You didn’t do much for us. Thanks for nothing.
- And finally, goodbye to the 2010-11 season, the 2011 offseason, and 2011 preseason. Tomorrow we kick off the 2011-12 campaign. Hopefully it ends with orange and black confetti streaming from the rafters of the Wells Fargo Center, Chris Pronger accepting the Stanley Cup from Gary Bettman surrounded by a mixture of boo’s and cheers, and a parade down Broad Street.
Thanks for reading!
You can follow me on Twitter by visiting www.Twitter.com/BroadStreetBuzz
I’m also on Facebook: Broad Street Buzz fan page
Check out our great NHL site, Too Many Men on the Site
Fansided is also on Facebook: Fansided Fan Page
Topics: 2011-12 Nhl Season, 2011-12 Season, Blair Betts, Boyz 2 Men, Brian Boucher, Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Hurricanes, Chris Pronger, Columbus Blue Jackets, Dan Carcillo, Darroll Powe, Derek Boogaard, Eric Lindros, Four Habs Fans, Gary Bettman, Jeff Carter, Kris Versteeg, Lokomotiv Yaroslav, Los Angeles Kings, Mike Richards, Montreal Canadiens, NHL, Nikolai Zherdev, Parade, Philadelphia Flyers, Rick Rypien, Sean O'Donnel, Stanley Cup, Stanley Cup Champions, Ville Leino, Wade Belak, Wysp, \