The Philadelphia Flyers dropped a 2-0 game to the Minnesota Wild Monday night.
Ray Emery deserved better than a loss tonight. The offense was nowhere to be found, and the Flyers best chances came on a third period power play where Josh Harding robbed Jakub Voracek and Claude Giroux rang the post.
Flyers have to put tonight’s game behind them and come out with a strong effort against the Detroit Red Wings Wednesday night.
Here are some takeaways from tonight’s game:
- The goals from Jason Pominville and Charlie Coyle were daggers to the heart. There was not a chance the Flyers were getting back in the game after that.
- This season as seemed to be a repeat of last year. The team has struggled to stay consistent throughout the season.
- The offense struggled once again. The Flyers have scored less than two goals in 21 out of 27 games. The chances are there, but the puck will not cross the goal line.
- After tonight’s game, I would happily give multiple first-round picks to the Montreal Canadiens for P.K. Subban.
- The orange and black squandered a golden opportunity to get back in the game with a power play in the third.